Friday, September 08, 2006

AN EXPLANATION

Okay so it has been brought to my attention that my lack of presence around here is not acceptable. And as I can sympathize with those who are being a thorn in my ass right now and constantly bringing it to my attention, I cant help that I am busy. So to get you off my ass here is an update of all the things that are going on.


~ My life is chaos. My daughter has made both the cross country and basketball team. Her practices are after school and she doesn't get done until 5:15. Which means.....I leave work pick up my son and then go over and pick her up. We don't get home until between 5:30 and 6:00. Then Chris and I make dinner and get our household chores done. By the time everyone has eaten and gets there shit together.....it is 7:00 or later. This is not including the nights where my son has cub scouts at 6:00 or the night that they have Awanas at 6:30 or every other Thursday morning when my daughter has an orthodontist appointment 20 min away. Oh and I think I failed to mention the twice a week basketball games. Boy I cant wait until baseball season starts for them.


~I have been spending every free moment that I have on writing. In fact I almost have achieved writer's burnout. I have been working on my pieces for The Blue Doodle, which I have enjoyed the most, as well as a few other projects I have going on right now. The amount of time spent on research and time spent on planning out each of the different projects is beyond tiresome. Some of my projects could have waited, but I got bored one day and started a bunch of things. Now I am not bored and tired. I will give more details later and for those that are just to nibby and have no patience.....call me. I honestly had no idea that I would be taking this avenue in my life. So it has been interesting to say the least.


~For those that may remember me saying something a few months back about possibly having something of mine published.....well it is happening. I will only say it is a coffee table book to be released sometime in November. Not a huge deal, but it is happening nonetheless. I will give more details as I have them.


~I was chosen to be interviewed by the local media about the full semester scholarship that I received last semester. I get scholarships every semester, but none that are full tuition, so I guess this is a big deal. (I am so gonna get shit for this, because I have not told a single soul about this.) I was reluctant at first about doing it, since I don't like a great deal of attention. When it comes my way I am extremely weary of having any part in it. But, I did feel like I at least owed the people who gave me the scholarship a little bit of my time. It was a 5,000 dollar scholarship and the money was needed and I am beyond thankful.


~I am still trying to study for the GREs. This test is important and I have less than a month to get my shit together. The rate I am moving at with this is just not gonna work and I need to step it up a few notches.

~We are still working through the refinance of the house up in West Virginia in order to buy his Aunt and Uncle out. It has been a very painstaking task and I swear the lawyer we are dealing with got his license off the internet, because he really sucks ass. Since the house is so old and long been paid for.....finding all the required documents and having surveys and appraisals and all that good crap has been really difficult, especially since we live in another state. Plus some of the documents needed are unable to be found. I can't wait til we have to start the remodeling and then go through the renting out process. Thank goodness the apartment out back is rented and the guy plans to stay. So if anyone is in need of a 3 bdrm house in a few months. Let me know. lol


~It is official our first camping expedition is set for September 23. I have fought this and fought this, but this is something the family wants to do, so I give. I know I won't mind the outdoors and camping part of it. I mean after all I do have redneck roots. I just do not like to be dirty for extended periods of time. I can't help it......I just like to be clean. I am sure I will survive and the family time will greatly out weigh any discomforts that I may experience. Who knows I may even enjoy myself.

So I think I have given you all just a little taste of the whacked life that I live. I don't mind the busy life that I have, because I can take it. I just get spread a little thin sometimes.


I have written something for The Blue Doodle this week in addition to the Novel Write off. The write off is not up yet but this is. Please check it out.

CLICK HERE


Also Chris or DI has done an amazing poem in remembrance of 9/11 for the Doodle as well. Please check it out, if you havent already.

CLICK HERE



No comments: