Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Flowers and Crosses and Chuck Noll Oh my!

I have never been a morning person. Even as a kid I missed all the great morning cartoons, because I would have rather slept in. I am not lazy in any way and I don't why I am this way I just am. Some mornings I will not speak to anyone for 2 or 3 hours, except for my kids on the way to school. It takes me that long to wake up. If you get a comment from me on myspace before 9, consider yourself lucky.

Some of the girls at work just think I am being bitchy, because I don't hop right into the henhouse 1st thing in the morning. Sorry, but this early in the morning I don't care to hear that you have mold in your new house or that you brought in sonogram picture of your "grandbaby" or what you did last weekend, last night, or what you plan to do tomorrow. I like to come in get my diet coke, get my shit together and start with my work for the day.

I would be curious to see the statistics on how many people are actually morning people.

This morning has been really usual for me today. It has been one of gifts. I had one patient that brought me in Gardenias, which are my favorite smelling flowers. My desk smells awesome and they keep by boss away since she is extremely allergic.

Another one brought me a crochet bookmark in the shape of a cross. Why she did this I don't know, especially since I am not a religious person. I believe in karma and the balances of the universe and blah blah blah, but that is about it.

But the highlight of my morning I have to say was that I talk to the wonderful Chuck Noll and his wife again. For those of you that don't know who he is ........

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He was the head coach for the Steelers from 1969 - 1991 and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1993.

He and his wife are really nice and he even signed a personal autograph to my man for me. (I would have asked him the first I met him, but other things prevented me from asking him before he had to leave). I told him that I would get about 5 years worth of dishes and chores done by my man if he did this for me. He laughed and said sure thing. What a morning!

How about you guys are you morning people??

Humpday blog suggestions of the day:

mySpace sexual coach

This is a must read, but you may need a cold shower when you are done.

and

support for the troops

Have a tissue handy when you read this.


No comments: