Monday, April 17, 2006

Nontraditional Easter

This blog is mainly due to Awesome Zaras blog

Your Turn


This year we changed things around a little bit for Easter. We didn't have the traditional Easter baskets and crap like that. No one was in the mood for another holiday this year. We talked it over with the kids and decided that they would each get $20 as their Easter presents, pending a few conditions, and we would have our Easter dinner at the Outback, and they could have small egg hunt using money filled plastic eggs. The condition of the $20 was they could not buy candy or toys. Reason being is that for the longest time I bought my kids whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. The end result being that they each have their own room full of crap that they never play with. So, once I wised up, I cut back on buying them any toys. The no candy thing stems from the recent cavities that I had to have filled in their teeth. No candy or sweets until they learn to brush their teeth better. Anyways..


The day started off with me getting up at the crack of dawn to finish a 30 page research paper that should have done weeks ago. I, for some reason, put it off until the day before it was due. I seem to be a gluten for punishment lately. I worked on the paper for about 5 hours straight before I take a break. After everyone cleaned themselves up, we were off to take the heathens out to spend their money and have our Easter meal. We pull up to the Outback and go in and are seated immediately (which about gives me a stroke because in south Florida during season you don't get seated immediately). I normally do not eat red meat, but for some reason unbeknown to me, I wanted a rare prime rib. We order our food and eat then we are off to Kmart (It was the only place open. Normally I do not shop at Kmart, because there stores are filthy.) The kids get what they want. My daughter gets two gameboy games and my son gets a game and a Green Day CD (he is six and this is his fav band). It was at that time that my body started to reject the prime rib. My tummy hurt so bad. I am just not used to that kind of meal. lol So, we went home it was about 6 and the kids had their Easter egg hunt. It was back to the books for me and I spent the next 6 hours finishing up my paper. Needless to same, I am quite the bitch at work today, due to lack of sleep. May god have mercy on the soles of the people I have to deal with today.


Have a great Monday.

No comments: