Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Master Bullshitter

Okay. It is official. I am a master bullshitter. Yup, it is true. I was amazed when I found this out myself. This is how I have come to be aware of this knowledge.

This semester has been extremely rough on me. I got a little antsy about trying to graduate ASAP and took four 4 credit hour classes. Yes I am an idiot. I know this. I took 3 science classes on 1 advanced math. On top of this wonderful load of school work, I have two kids, a man, and a full-time job at an extremely busy medical office.

Anyways, one of the assignments at the beginning of the semester in my one of my classes was to do a scientific research study on a specific topic chosen by me. This assignment was to be done over the course of the semester and involved me doing literature review and interviewing and questioning participants who had experienced the topic I had chosen. One this was done, I was then to make a conclusion as to if my results backed up the information in todays literature on the subject. This meant finding participants, making a Lickert scale questionnaire, graphing comparisons, and a whole shit load of writing. I would attempt every weekend to try and do this project, but it always seemed to be put in the "fuck it, I will do it later pile". Well three days ago "later" was knocking at my computer screen saying you have 2 days to submit this paper. So, I sat down and did an assessment on what work I had actually done so far. I had nothing. Absolutely nothing. FUCK! I had no time to find participants, so I did what any normal human being in this position would do. I bullshitted. I picked certain people that I knew that had experienced something similar and answered the questions about them instead of them answering themselves. Basically the results were generated from how I thought they would answer the questions. I came up with a questionnaire, generated the results, a pulled off my literature review in about an hour. Now believe me when I say this, I dont take lying to someone very lightly. I dont do it. I have to guilty of a conscience. But, I was screwed. This paper was 30f my grade. I had no choice. Over the span of about 10 hours I spewed out 17 pages of bullshit. I don't know where it all came from, but it was pretty freakin amazing. I reluctantly submitted my paper in the nick of time. I told my man if I get an A on this I am going to the Bahamas (I only said this figuring there is no way in hell I was getting an A on this paper. It just wouldnt be right.) Well guess what, I am going to the Bahamas. Apparently I did a fabulous job on the paper. I checked my grades online last night and the professor gave me praises for my hard work and awarded me with 300 out of 300 points. I was ecstatic. Only problem now is, I am a big believer in karma.

After work I am going straight to the homeless shelter to donate my time and hope that karma doesn't come to bite me in the ass. Shit see I did it again. lol Just kidding.


Have a great humpday!


Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: