Monday, November 27, 2006

Fa la la la Blah Blah Blah

Hello all. Hope everyone had themselves a wonderful holiday weekend. I know we did. It was nice to be around family and I think between me, my sister and mom we put out a pretty good feast. Enough food to cause me to gain 2 pounds over the last few days.

Just out of curiosity anyone out there brave the Black Friday shopping blitz? Show of hands. Eh that's not too bad.

How about anyone decide to do the Black Friday shopping blitz with strep throat?

What no one? Really?

Yeah so it was me.

Thursday I felt a little bit of something coming on and as the day progressed it seemed that it wasn't going to amount more to anything but a simple cold. Later that night after everyone left, Chris and I briefly discussed whether there was anything worth going out for. Best Buy had complete computer systems for really cheap. We have a new computer, but the kids each have their own and they have done a real number on jumbling them up. I figured since I was tired of fixing their computers "what the hell" it was only a couple hundred and you can't beat that. So we made plans to get up at 3 and arrive 30 minutes before they started handing out tickets.

Well I went to bed that night with a horrid migraine and when I woke up the next morning after only 3 hours sleep I felt like crap. I figured it was because I didn't get much sleep and ignored the rising fever that I had and the stabbing pains in my throat. Really it takes me at least an hour to be able to function normally in the mornings. So we go anyways and get there after just a few minutes and pull in the parking lot to see a flipping line all the way down the front of the store. Well yeah I figured there would be people there, but not that many. There were 150 people lined up and waiting for tickets I guess.

We decided since we were there we would go stand in line anyways. Even if the computers were gone by the time we got to them, at least we could get them new TV's like we had originally planned. So after an hour and half of waiting I thought I was going to murder someone. My fever continued to go up and the people around me were irritating to no end. I swear if they had bumped into me one more time before we went in I was going to turn around and knock them the hell out. That is how bad I felt and Chris…poor Chris….apparently there is some morning male ritual that morning he skipped to be there and he was in need.

Turns out the asshats at the front of the line had been there since 9 the night before. I mean how ridiculous is that to leave your family on thanksgiving to go sit in line at a store. To each his own I guess. Anyways so they got the tickets for the computers. Blahdy Blah for them. We went in and found some TV's and then Chris took care of his business. I basically stood around barely moving while he was away, because my eyes were starting to blur over and I know if someone ran into me I would have ripped them a new ass and made a seen.

We paid for the TV's, PS2 games, and other DVD's I picked up along the way and then we left. Chris dropped me off at home and headed to work. It was about 5:20 AM. I went in the condo and went strait to my bed and didn't hardly get up for the next day and half.

I am all better now, but sometimes I wonder if my head is stuck halfway up my butt. I really should have just stayed home. My kids have enough as it is and it wasn't necessary to go out and get them another computer when they have one, just because I am tired of fixing theirs.

Oh and that reminds me. Funny thing happened yesterday. I was in my room typing up a paper and Chris aunt was over to pick up his son. They went outside in the parking lot to meet her. My daughter comes in frantic asking if they already left and I told her to calm herself down and no they were still there. Two second later she returns slamming the door and I call her to me and ask her why. She says she don't know and I ask if she found them and she said no. I told her to go the other way and she started to run off. I called her back and told her once again to calm down and quit being a spaz. She ran out the door.

She returned yet again shortly and ran off to her room. Chris came back in and asked me if she and I were arguing. I told him no and that I just told her to calm down before she hurt herself. He laughed and said that he seen her walk out the door and stand there for a moment and then she stuck her tongue out at my window. Then he said her name and it scared the crap out her.

Technically sticking your tongue out at me in my house warrants it getting ripped right out of your mouth, but I admit I didn't get that mad. For some reason I laughed and remembered back to being her age and how hard it was dealing with hormones. I called her in the room and asked her if she did it, with a grin on my face of course and she grinned and said no. I told her how she was busted and told her not to get so upset with me, I was only trying to prevent her from hurting herself. Running around like a mad woman could be the cause of yet another broken arm. I told her I loved her and sent her on her way. I guess at least she didn't flip me off. That is a plus.

Well that is enough babbling from me. I have much more to share, but I will save it for tomorrow.

Have a great Monday!!

No comments: