Tuesday, November 14, 2006

They Said Yes

Good news I guess. I got a very important phone call last night. (It was actually during the middle of chem. II and so I didn't get the message to call until after class.) It was from the admissions coordinator at one of the two graduate schools that I applied to. She left me her number and told me to call her at home. I found that odd and I was actually nervous, but I did it anyways. Turns out she just wanted to personally tell me that I was accepted. I thought that I would be more excited to hear it, but for some reason all I could say was "That is great. Thanks for calling me and letting me know."


I don't know maybe it is because I have my other interview in TN coming up in a few weeks and nothing is settled about where I want to go to school or what happens if I get into both, but I guess overall I should be happy that no matter what I will be going cuz one of them said yes. (Wow that was an effin long sentence.) And in a way I do feel privileged that they accepted me. It is after all the largest private university in the Southeast and is the 6th largest private university in the United States. So it is definitely a big school and the PA program is difficult to get in as it is.


Another thing that was weird was that I received a email from UNL (University of Nebraska) requesting that I check out their school and apply and blah blah blah, which I know is normal for some schools. They have their standard package they send out. The thing that was weird about this is that there was more to it. They had obtained my GPA, GRE's, and basically my entire college career and started throwing around money and such. They were recruiting me to go to their school and throwing out their bargin. I don't know. I know some of my family would be excited. They are Huskers through and through, but that just isn't my thing. I never really had the attachment to that state that most of the famdamily does. I don't think I lived there long enough. Oh well....


At any rate...some of the pics from the weekend will be in a blog tomorrow. I didn't have time last night to get them uploaded. I know I know....boooooo.


Have a great week!


MI


This blog full of useless information was brought to you in part by insanity with a splash of stress. The finer things in life.

No comments: