Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I am not a slut dammit!

So as promised here is the story of my encounter last weekend at Old Navy.

Last weekend I had to take the Chris' boy out to do a little school clothes shopping. As most of you know, I despise shopping. I hate it and only do it if I have to. It is not that I don't like to get new things; I just feel about it the same way that men do. I don't have the time, energy, or patience for it.


Well apparently neither does Dev. Our first store he was so uninterested in finding clothes and had made it clear he would much rather spend his time goofing off and popping wheelies with the cart with my son inside screaming for his life. I tried, on many occasions, to get him to look through the clothes and pick things out, but that would require him taking time away from playing. I even threatened to buy him pink shirts and such, but he saw through my false threats. So what ended up happening was, I searched through racks and racks of clothes, guessing at things he would like and holding them up for him to say yes or no. It was painful..........oh so painful. After all the sifting was done I got a little excited. We had 6 pairs of jeans and a few shirts. That was pretty good. I mean I could go out and buy him more shirts later. He really only needed more jeans. Off to the dressing rooms we go. He goes in and the bastards say only 6 items at a time. I made sure to express to them how ignorant that was and that that meant two trips to try on clothes. I go and sit while he goes in. I figured 6 items, he should be out shortly. I go sit on the bench outside and my daughter goes and starts messing with all the high heels and trying them on and all that crap. My son, who is 7, is going around picking about the most butt-ugly shoes he can find and presents them to my daughter to try on while giggling. This goes on for 5 min.....10 min.....15 min.....20min WTF did he forget how to zip his pants. I was literally about ready to start stopping my feet and throwing my arms around like a baby. Then he comes out with one pair that fits. I felt my entire body sigh. Dammit that shit isn't good. Now we have to go somewhere else.

Luckily Old Navy was next door so we go inside. We grab a pair of pants and shorts and head off to the dressing rooms. Okay, so it seems this is turning out a little quicker than I had thought. I sit down on the bench and he goes in. My daughter comes up to me with knuckle marks on her eye and my sons nose is beat read. I did the whole wtf is wrong with you........you don't put your hands on each other........and told them to sit down beside me. They insisted they were both just playing, but still. I sat there with my head in my hands, hunched over, elbows on my knees. I was tired, hungry and just wanted to go home.

Then a pleasantly plump lady with a crap ass attitude sits down on the same bench and says. "You look like you are having about as much fun as I am." I am not much of a talker to random people in stores, but I politely responded. "You have no idea." Then she turns and starts ripping on her daughter who had come out of the dressing room with a pair of pants on. I mean she was loud, belligerent, and just down right making a fool of herself. She was ranting about how the pants her daughter picked out were too low.

"God forbid the pants touch your belly button. I don't care if that is how they go. Pull them up a little farther." and blah blah blah........


At this point I just closed my eyes and tried some deep breaths to drown out her chicken squawking. Then the daughter goes back in and the mom turns to the attendant and proceeds to go off on a tangent about people that wear low rise jeans. "They are trashy looking. It makes there body look deformed. Like seriously deformed. I am tired of these girls wearing these types of clothes. Any one who wears them is a slut"..........ertch.......WTF did she just say.

Okay just a little background info. I only wear low rise jeans. Not because I want to show off my stomach or anything like that. (In fact I wear shirts that usually meet the top of the jeans.) I wear them, because it is what is comfortable. I don't like things around my waist. It bothers me. Anything that I wear, including my scrubs and p.j.s, get folded down to sit on my hips. It will aggravate me to no end if I wear anything around my waist.


Anyways, she proceeded to go on for another few minutes, with the attendant who was also pleasantly plump, nodding in agreement the whole time. As I was sitting there, praying Dev would hurry up before I do to this lady what my son did to my daughter, I could just feel myself getting angrier by the minute. I hate it when people judge others. I am not a slut, because of what I wear and for her to say it out loud without paying attention to who was around pissed me off. Granted she didn't know what I was wearing, but still. So finally, Dev comes out and woo-hoo the pants fit. I stood up, smoothed down my low rise jeans, and gaver her a shitty grin and walked out. I could read the look of disgust on her face and I swear if she would have said one thing, I probably would have lost it, but she didn't. I was proud of myself for handling it the way I did.


The shopping continued on for another hour and another store. By the time we got home we were all dead tired and starving, but at least it was over with.

So that is that. Kinda funny to me, but it might be lame to others.

I won't be on much today. I am in the midst of butchering one of my old Anatomy papers so that it is presentable to turn in for Bio 2. I have just run out of time and the prof said it was acceptable to turn it in. Only problem is it is a 12 page paper and she only wants 5, plus I have a lot of memorizing to do for a quiz tomorrow and a final this weekend, anyways hope you all enjoy your day!

No comments: