Monday, August 21, 2006

SOMEONE STOP ME PLEASE

This weekend was a little rough on me, so ignore the randomness and babbling that may occur through out this blog. I had so many things going on this weekend, on top of finals, appointments and other stuff. I barely had time to breath, which is probably why I have a fever and a soar throat. Anyways.........


I took one of my finals Sunday afternoon and I take another one tonight. The last one will be on Thursday and I honestly can't wait until this semester is over. I am officially beat. I am in desperate need of rest and my brain needs a little break. I need to take some time off of work as well. My job is too damn demanding right now and balancing that and school and family is becoming more and more difficult. On a lighter note, I only have 3 classes this coming semester and then 2 classes the following semester and I will have my bachelors. Then the real fun begins as I work on my Masters.


I submitted my universal application for Physician Assistant programs in the US yesterday. This was one of the longest and most painful applications I have ever done. It literally took me over a month or so to fill it out. Anyways I did apply to my first choice NSU, which I am guaranteed to get in, but I also applied to Bethel U in Mckenzie, TN. Chris and I have discussed moving before and the hillbilly misses the mountains, so we shall see what happens. I can't say I am overly thrilled about moving and love the tropical atmosphere we live in now, but sometimes sacrifices must be made.


As always the newest edition of The Blue Doodle is up. I would like to say that I really enjoy writing for the doodle and love the group of people that are involved. They are true writers and stick to what writing is all about. After speaking with Amy this weekend, I realized that the writers on the Doodle are not just your average writers. Many of them are involved in some pretty cool things, such as one of them is on HBOs The Wire and I think one is the editor for The New York Times. And I will say that I am disappointed in the drama and harassment that has been recently created for the doodle, by a certain drunken babbling freakin idiot, but that neither here nor there.


I am also surprised by the fakeness that certain people on myspace exhibit. It makes me wonder what kind of a person they are in real life. Don't get me wrong not all people on here are that way, but there are some that just have no dignity or self-respect when it comes to their behavior on myspace. I wonder if they realize just how apparent it is. I do think though that they need a reality check on the fact that just because it is internet, it doesnt mean your morals and values should go out the window. What happened to self-preservation to these people?


Anyways.........babbling will now cease and desist.

If you have time today please check out mine and Amys newest parts in the novel write off on The Blue Doodle. Click the link itself:

www.thebluedoodle.com/bookoff.html


And as always check out Devil Insides latest submission as well.

Click the link itself:

www.thebluedoodle.com/writerpages/devilinside.html


Any feedback on the write off can be left here in the comment section. Oh and before I forget the answers, for those that missed them, for the survey are as follows:


-My favorite color is black

-I am going to school to become a PA

-My first name is Cara

-My favorite kind of music is classic rock

-I moved to Florida from Nebraska

-I write for The Blue Doodle

No comments: