Friday, August 11, 2006

Its Friday Dammit!!

Well I spent all week wishing it was Friday and now it is here. I have to say that I am not as excited as I thought I was going to be. I had so many things to do and I really had hoped that I would have accomplished more than I did, but that just didn't happen. The main issue holding me back was that I have been working on a really big paper for my Gender Comm class and it has taken a lot out of me both mentally and physically.

The paper is about the oppressions that the women of Afghanistan are suffering and I have to tell you that my heart it is just sick over the whole thing. I mean I realized that there was an issue over there and I knew they were not treated right, but I had no idea just how bad it was and since I don't watch much television I had been so out of date on what was happening.

I also am confused and a little angry at the US involvement in the issue during the Russian invasions all the way up to the present. I am so disappointed that words just can't express how I feel right now. If anyone wants to read up on what I am talking about they can visit www.rawa.org. I have sent communication to them requesting more info on their perspective of the situation and find out what the best way to help would be.

Anyways. The semester is coming to the end and I have 2 weeks to catch up on homework and studying for finals. I also some how blocked it out of my mind that I have a bio 2 paper due next week. I don't even know what it has to be on. I am so disappointed in myself. I have never been this far behind. I mean my grades are not suffering, but my mental state is. I am soooo exhausted.

I am really looking forward to the 2 week break and then I am taking 2 online and one in class class next semester so hopefully that will free me up a bit and allow for me to spend more time with my family. I am reaching the end of my bachelors and that in itself will be a huge milestone for me. After that I have just 2 years and I will have my masters. Yay me. Hopefully after this I am satisfied. I can't take going back to school again. By the time I am done I will have 3 degrees, a certification and a PA license. I am such a gluten, I tell ya.

Also I don't know what is up with me but the foods or food I have been eating lately is just insane. I have literally been eating nothing but peanut M & M's for 2 days. I shit you not 2 days. Nothing else seems to look or taste that good to me and funny thing is that I rarely eat chocolate or candy. And before one of you shitbags says it, NO, I am not pregnant. I know this for a fact. I think it is just a way to compensate for the high amount of energy I have been burning and the candy seems to be a quick fix. I don't know. Maybe I will go out and get a good greasy lunch or hmmm..Nachos sound good. Oh wait, nope. Scratch that I smell pizza down the hall. I am gonna haves to get me some of that.

Hope you all have a wonderful wonderful weekend. I will stop in periodically when I take breaks from studying. Oh and I will update you when the newest edition of the doodle is up and did anyone see that the most popular blog thingy is updated to Monday? I was curious this morning to see if it was the same and it had changed.

No comments: