Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Whats your opinion?

Okay, I am enlisting the help of my fellow myspacers, well because, you guys have always been very direct and honest with me. I have a situation that I am helping a friend with and I wanted to get your opinion on it. I am not going to give specifics on the issue, because I want what your advice would be based on the basics.

Here's the deal. The two people are together and as of today have been for quite some time. The relationship has many issues and problems with trust and so on. The female in relationship had an issue brought to her attention that made her feel uncomfortable and not respected. The female told the male about it and they discussed each others points of view and verbally agreed it would stop. It happened yet again and the male lied and said he didn't do it, someone else did it, only later to fess up that he did it. The female was hurt and repeated her feelings again and the male agreed and this time promised to stop. Well yet again the issue arose and the males defense was that you said I couldn't do this, but you didn't say I couldn't do that. Basically he found a loophole in the promise. So the female made him promise yet again not to do it and included all possible loopholes. Well you would think that it would be a end to the situation, but sadly it is not. The female has yet again been faced with this and she is really feeling as if she has been lied to since he has promised and not followed through with it. I will say that the female has had a lot of issues with the male lying to her. I am not saying that he is actually lying, but there have been incidences where it is questionable and I don't really want to get into all that. Basically she says he did, he says he didn't. I also want to say that this issue in no way involves cheating or talking to members of the opposite sex. The issue is petty in the eyes of some, but many agree with her and feel the same way. It does honestly and whole-heartedly make her feel disrespected and unloved everytime it happens though.

So whats your thoughts. Is he lying when he makes the promise knowing full well he doesn't intend on keeping it? He doesn't think it is lying, but what is it then if it isn't lying? Is it something she should just let go, because he doesn't bother to think much of her feelings on this issue? If you love someone shouldn't you want to stop the things you are doing to hurt them? What is your definition of a lie? Is a lie a lie?

If you don't feel you have much to add, I understand. I want to be able to help her with this and I just want to get other perspectives on this.

I will have a much better story to tell you either later today or tomorrow about the lady at Old Navy that basically called me a slut. It is kinda funny, so be on the look out.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: